WESTWOOD WANDERERES FC is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals operating in accordance with the statutory legislation outlined within the Data Protection Act 1998.
In doing so we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of data provided to us. Any decisions for the disclosure, retention or disposal of information are made in line with relevant legislation. We recognise that the first priority under the Data Protection Act 1998 is to avoid causing harm to individuals. On this basis we keep information securely in the right hands, maintain the quality of the information and retain or dispose information as appropriate.
Information about our personnel, learners and other individuals will only be used in line with established regulations. Personal data will be collected, recorded and used fairly, stored safely and securely and not disclosed to any third party unlawfully. This also includes sensitive information such as ethnic background, political opinions, religious beliefs, health, sexual health and criminal records.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the Management committee to ensure that this policy is published, accessible and implemented across all personnel, learners and by any relevant third parties. However, the Qualification Coordinators (QCs) specific to each qualification are responsible for ensuring this information is fully understood by their qualification team and also by the learners who commence courses/programmes in their area.
Objectives As the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is critical to our successful operations and to maintaining confidence, Derbyshire FA is committed to operate in line with the data protection principles by:
1. collecting accurate personal data only
2. protecting staff, learners’ and other individuals’ personal details and any related records using this data fairly and only for specified lawful purposes
3. handling personal data for limited, specifically stated purposes
4. using personal data in an adequate and relevant manner, which is not excessive
5. holding personal data only for the time period required maintaining personal data safely and securely
6. releasing personal data only to authorised individuals/parties and not outside with UK without adequate protection and the individual’s permission
7. adhering to regulations and related procedures to ensure that all employees who have access to and handle any personal data held by or on behalf of Westwood Wanderers FC in line with individual’s data protection rights and are fully aware of and abide by their duties under the Data Protection Act 1998