Please see below the core values and key points of our club ethos.
Popularly known as “THE WESTWOOD WAY”
• Our Club trademark has always been to organize and manage quality well run football teams of all ages.
We call this “THE WESTWOOD WAY.” which has 3 core components:
1. Developing a positive attitude to the game.
2.Respect for each other and themselves.
3. A sense of belonging to a Community club environment. •
Together with Westwood Wanderers F.C. we aim to offer local competitive football and coaching and beyond that, social involvement to young people and adults who live in and around Tilehurst community.
• While we enjoy winning, we believe that the Club’s success is measured more by how we develop players, how we play the game and how we conduct ourselves rather than by the number of games or trophies won.
• WE measure success on seeing a player join the club at 6 years old and continue his/ her journey through to adult football.
• The club ethos emphasizes the development of players as individuals and as footballers. We believe our first duty is to ensure the children are safe and have fun taking part. Then, by teaching football skills as well as self-respect, respect for team mates, coaches, opponents and match officials alike, we believe that not only will they benefit but so too will the wider community and the game of football.
• Our Coaches adopt methods which are age-appropriate and follow the F.A.’s National Game Strategy for football development:
• We are an ‘open’ club which means that players of any ability are welcome to join us.
• We have the resources and coaching expertise to aid both Development and Elite players and teams.
• We believe that any money raised by the club should be re invested in the children and also to aid development of volunteer coaches to help them maximize their skills and knowledge of the game.
THE WESTWOOD WAY
LEARN WHILST HAVING FUN WITH NO PRESSURE